Sunday, 1 December 2013

I Am Roses Tis The Season Blog Hop

WELCOME!

to the I Am Roses “Tis the Season” Blog Hop. We have so much holiday inspiration

coming to you from our Designers and Special Guests.


If you've just arrived here

You should have started at the I Am Roses Challenge blog


For my project I wanted to create something for the home for Christmas, so off to Pinterest I went for ideas. I saw a few candy machines that people had decorated or made using terracotta plant pots, so I knew that's what I wanted to make, so off to the grocery store to pick up a glass vase bowl, then to the garden centre to get two terracotta clay saucers, and a plant pot which fit the glass bowl, unfortunately they didn't have any clay pots that were the right size, but I found a plastic one that fit perfectly. I also ordered a little wooden knob off Ebay to fit on the top of the saucer lid. I painted everything red using Tuscan Red acrylic paint, a couple coats worth and then a layer of Mod podge on top to seal it all in.
For the base, I put some guipure lace around the top using a hot glue gun then a layer of red gingham ribbon, then proceeded to cover it all with a variety of flowers from I Am Roses
(list below of flowers used)
I also put some red gingham ribbon along the bottom, and added some metal numbers and a metal pull handle using a hot glue gun, and a red gingham bow. The bottom saucer was glued to the base, then the glass bowl was attached to the bottom saucer using velcro as all other glues failed to hold it in place. The wooden knob on top was glued to the saucer as well as a row of white flowers for decorative purposes.....and the most bestest part of all was filling it with smarties and fruit pastilles. (Santa's favorite goodies...lol)

Flowers used




Here’s

how for your chance to win:

    Hop along to each of the Designer's and Guest Designer's blogs and be sure to comment on their individual "Tis the Season” Blog Post

There are 2 HIDDEN BLOG CANDY PRIZES

up for grabs in TWO of our Hopper's blogs!
This is what you can win!!!


Be sure to subscribe/follow the I Am Roses Challenge Blog (http://iamroses-challenge.blogspot.com/).
Commenting along the way highly increases your chance of winning the prize package.
Comments will be CLOSED

on 11:59 pm PST on Saturday, December 7th

We will be randomly selecting 2 winners

from the comments on two of the blogs and will announce the winners on the I Am Roses Challenge Blog.


Your next stop along the way is R.Maria Sabina

If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the I Am Roses Design Team

& Friends hopping today:

Donna Smith (you are here)










Patricia Da Silva (leave a comment on her YouTube video)




Good Luck!




Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day.
HAPPY HOPPING!

I'm also entering my creation into the following challenges
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Anything But a Card - Anything But a Card...with a Holiday Twist
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything but a Card
Quirky Crafts Challenge - Vintage Christmas Altered Project
Pin It

45 comments:

Jo said...

Pinterest is awesome! Love how it turned out!

KeeponScrappin said...

Super adorable. I altered a smaller one and it was so fun.

serenity6883 said...

Hi Donna, not sure how to comment on the IAR blog hop. Hope this is correct. This is my first blog hop (I've only done a YT hop) Your candy machine is so sweet! Your instructions makes me think even I can make it :). xo Niki.

Debbie L Gregory said...

What a creative candy machine, I had to go back and see the parts you were talking about to know it wasn't an original machine, amazing and festive.

Maria said...

Love ur project. It turned out so pretty

Merlyn Rahardja said...

. Thank u for the great idea.

Za ovinkom said...

You made beautiful creation. Love to eat some candys too. :)
Jasmina

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous and so beautiful project Donna! hugs, Helena

Suzi said...

OMG!! what a fabulous Christmas creation this is Donna, think I need to go shopping or have a look in my greenhouse. lol. Wonderful job hon. Hugs Suzi x

mary_chu said...

love your candy machine. wish to buy one for me too in near future!

Tamara said...

Donna this looks gorgeous. I don't know what I like more, flowers or candy! :)
Hugs,
tamara

julieprice3 said...

This is gorgeous and so creative, I love your festive creation, the flowers are gorgeous
Hugs julie P

linda said...

This is gorgeous makes me want to go looking for a candy dispenser just to decorate. Well done

Lynda Dexter Interlaced said...

This was such a clever project!!! I loved the realistic look of it and the colors are wonderful. I must say you did a great job. TFS! It is adorable. Hugs~Lynda

Sandy Hulsart said...

Amazing project, Donna, love how you took a vase and a couple of pots and saucers and created a wonderful holiday keepsake. Fabulous job!

Natasha said...

So creative, love this and i'm sure my kiddiewinkles would too, especially the sweeties lol. Hugs xnx

~* steph :) *~ said...

creative and festive :)! thanks for sharing and happy holidays! *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)

lydbug said...

very cute gum ball machine

Norma Gomez said...

Wow, great candy machine! love how you used the flowers..TFS

Kate said...

So very clever. Can't believe that is a pot and vase. Very cool! Love how you decorated it to give it a old fashioned feel.
Kate

Annie Rose said...

Woo! This is amazing! I think this is the best candy machine I've seen... it looks perfect and the flowers are gorgeous. Great job! :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Irene Lucia said...

Oh wow, this gum ball machine is so cuteeeeeeeeeeee! Nice :) Hugs, Irene

ImissBQ said...

super cute!!!

paperpapier said...

what a fun candy machine, adding some festive interest at home for the children to drool over...fantastic idea!

caroline said...

great cand machine, what a lovely gift
caroline x

carole said...

Very festive and bright. Love it

famillemarleau said...

This is so cute. I love it. Johanne Lacombe

Maribell'Scraps said...

Super cute Donna, love your candy machine.

Valerie Andrieux said...

Tasty creation ! Thanks for sharing !

Juliana Sessions said...

This is amazingly creative! Thank you so much for sharing!

Renee Collier said...

This is fabulous! So very creative.

Suzy Designs said...

So adorable, the detail and creativity is amazing. Great job.

CraftyLady said...

Soooo cute...great project.

craftindiva said...

such a cute creation, tfs

tanyacox said...

I love this! That green daisy really pops out and is so pretty! You explained this well too. Thank you so much!

Sharon Vrenna said...

What a cute candy machine! I think this would be a great project to do with my grandchildren. They would get such a kick out of it and especially filling the candy bowl.

cebelica said...

What a fab idea. I love your candy machine - it's awesome! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. I hope you will come and play with us this week too! Hugs! xx

Bee Happy Scrap said...

Beautiful project!! I love Candys!!
And i love I Am roses in my projects!!!
Thank for the inspiration!!!
Kissies,
Sara

Cazzy said...

Wow, this is so clever and it looks so good. I think you should enter the Quirky Crafts Challenge because it is perfect for the theme!

Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

vivie said...

it's so lovely project!!! it's a perfect gift for children an d my husband lol love the idea!!!

Allison Lockwood said...

love your candy machine. maybe even I can make one

Julia S-W said...

Such a festive make and so creative with all the elements you used to put it together!
Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge.
Juliax

Spyder said...

What a fab idea! (I'm wanting to guess how many smarties are in there!!) Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts this Challenge
((Lyn)) DT

A new one starts Sunday Evening

Joy said...

This is such a fun all season project! I have to try making one soon! :)

Lin said...

What a fabulous project. So pretty, and it looks delicious. I'm salivatingn looking at all those smarties and jelly tots!

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Dream Valley